Become a Mediator and
Volunteer with a National Leader in Conflict Resolution at the
Community Dispute Resolution Center
– NO COST TO PARTICIPANTS ASPIRING TO VOLUNTEER AT CDRC –
*** Employers – Also a great professional development opportunity! ***
CDRC Presents Professional Mediation Trainings
Session I: October 28, 29, & 30
Session II: November 4, 5, & 6
From 8:30 to 4:30 each day at the Catholic Charities Building, 215 E. Church St., 1st floor conference room, Elmira, NY 14901
“There’s nothing more empowering than the ability to empower others.”
• Build personal and professional skills in communication, reflection, and conflict resolution
• Prepare yourself to volunteer as a CDRC-certified mediator equipped with the tools to help others in conflict to work through their disputes independently
• Experience the intensive, interactive instruction of lead trainer Judy Saul, a national leader in transformative mediation
Session I gives participants the skills and strategies for helping others to communicate effectively and resolve conflicts peacefully and constructively. It serves as a prerequisite for Session II and is open to the public.
Session II focuses on mediating specialized situations and is open to anyone who has successfully completed Session I. The completion of both sessions prepares participants for advancing on course toward full qualification as a CDRC-certified mediator.
• Both sessions are offered at no cost to participants committed to putting their new skills to work as volunteer mediators for CDRC
• Session I, perfect not only for aspiring mediators but also for professionals looking to hone their communication skills, costs $300 as a professional development workshop
• Note that for those seeking to volunteer with CDRC, a brief orientation prior to the workshop is also required, and there are several times to choose from for the orientation
Contact Jen at JLG228@cornell.edu or 607-535-7105 if you're interested.